Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Spooky Halloween Review... It's Spooky! :D

After about a month-long hiatus, I'm back! And that's a good thing, despite your thoughts!
   Fall is upon us, and to celebrate that, I had the privilege to visit Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa. It was my first time at the event, and I had a great time! There was barely a wait for ANYTHING, the food was delicious, and pretty much everything about the event is spot-on! The coolest part is, instead of the chicken I usually am, I went through all seven houses! And today, I'm bringing to you...

MY TAKE ON THE 2015 HOWL-O-SCREAM HOUSES!

  1. Unearthed - Scarlett's Revenge: This was by far my favorite house. The story is very detailed, and it builds up heavily in the queue. The theming is just jaw-dropping, and so are the scare actors. 10/10!
  2. The BASEMENT: I'll admit it, this was one of the worst houses. It was fun, but it didn't scare me, there was just a lot of blood and gore. The only scary thing about it was the feeling in my stomach after I exited. 7/10
  3. Circus of Superstition 3D - The Last Laugh: While this one really got my heart pumping, I feel like they could've taken the 3-D approach a whole lot further. Still a fun house! 8/10.
  4. Dead Fall - Thirst for Blood: I really enjoyed the idea. The whole house is elaborate, scary, and overall great. But one problem; it's way to short. 7.5/10.
  5. Zombie Mortuary: This was my favorite besides Unearthed. It's long, scary, very detailed, and overall a wonderful experience. The whole house just gives me the willies the whole way through. 9/10. 
  6. Death Water Bayou: Every single one of the elements in this house were awesome. I really enjoyed the end, where the scare actors are on swings, and they jump out at you from a hollowed-out tree. I know it sounds cheap, but it's very unique and scary. 8.5/10
  7. Zombie Containment Unit 15 - Moving Targets: I have only one thing to say about this one; if you don't like A) strobe lights, B) dub step music, or C) long lines, skip this one. 6/10.
I'll end this report with the trailer for the event. Thanks for reading!
-Dom

This video contains blood, gore, and some scary moments. Viewer discretion is advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment